Search This Blog


Thursday, November 22, 2012

Trade With Cardboard Collections

Although I am primarily a hockey card guy, it's nice to do a trade or two from one of my side collecting interests. In this case, wrestling. Colbey from Cardboard Collections is a fellow WWE fan and collector, and when I saw the contents of a box of 2012 Topps WWE that he opened, I had to get my hands on this mat relic card of Dolph Ziggler.


The cool thing with this card is not only is it of a wrestler that I'm a big fan of, but it's identified as being a piece of the very mat used during Wrestlemania 28. During this event, Ziggler, who was part of the 5-man "Team Johnny" took on "Team Teddy" to determine who would run both Raw and Smackdown: John Laurinaitis or Teddy Long. Ziggler's team would win, thanks to The Miz (one of my other favorites) hit the Skull-Crushing Finale on Zach Ryder.

Ziggler currently holds the Money in the Bank briefcase after winning the MIB match at the July Pay-Per-View event, which guarantees him a championship match whenever he chooses for the World Heavyweight Championship. His star definitely appears to be rising, as he is currently involved in a feud with John Cena, the WWE's top superstar.

No comments:

Post a Comment