Search This Blog


Saturday, November 3, 2012

Three Cards Added to My 2011-12 Dominion Autographed Patch Rookie Collection

To start off my quest of completing the 70-card set Rookie Patch Autographs from 2011-12 Dominion, I completed the 4-card set of Pittsburgh Penguins rookies. Step two is to start compiling the others. I picked up a few on Ebay, that I will be showing over the next couple of days. Of course, these are all the cheap ones, as guys like Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Gabriel Landeskog, and Mark Scheifele will have to wait for the perfect storm of a card listed dirt cheap, and me happening to have enough in my Paypal account at the exact same time.

We'll see.

Anyway, here's a few cards that I recently added.

150 - Brett Bulmer 150/199

Bulmer was selected by the Minnesota Wild in the second round (39th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He played in 9 games during the 2011-12 season and notched three assists before being sent back to the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL to continue his development.


180 - Cody Eakin 194/199

Eakin was a third round selection (85th overall) in the 2009 draft. He shared the 2011-12 season with the Washington Capitals (30 Games) and the Hershey Bears of the AHL (43 Games). In 30 games with the pro club, he notched 4 goals and 4 assists. During the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Eakin, along with a second-round pick, was traded to the Dallas Stars for Mike Ribeiro.


133 - Greg Nemisz 101/199

Nemisz was selected in the first round (25th overall) of the 2008 Draft. Despite being a rookie in 2011-12 products, he actually made his debut late in the 2010-11 season, tallying one assist in six games. Nemisz spent most of 2011-12 with the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL, but was called up periodically throughout the season as the team needed.


It's not one of the patch autos, but I also picked up an card of Drew Bagnall from the Autographed Rookies subset. Let's be honest, if I actually am able to pull off the entire 70-card set of patch autos, I might as well go after the 30 rookie autos as well, and at that point, I might as well put together the 100 base cards, so if I can get some of these now at a good price, I'm going to go ahead and snatch them up. Anyway, Bagnall spent most of last season with the Houston Aeros of the AHL, but was called up for two games with Minnesota. He may be back with the minor league club right now, but at least he's playing, right?


That's all for now. Expect to see quite a few more over the next few days. Nothing major as far as player quality, but there are some NICE patches on some of these cards.

1 comment:

  1. The Bullmer patch is great. I think it is the "D" in 'WILD'.

    ReplyDelete