Search This Blog


Friday, November 16, 2012

A Few Random Cards From Ebay

In picking up another card for my collection of autographed rookie patch cards from 2011-12 Dominion, my total now stands at 14 out of 70. There's still a long way to go, but I'm starting to make some ground.

Anyway, here's a look at my newest addition:

182 - Carl Klingberg 19/199


Klingberg was drafted by the team in the second round (34th overall) by the team when they were the Atlanta Thrashers. In fact, Klingberg's very first NHL game was the team's last in Atlanta, a 5-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Klingberg spent most of the 2011-12 season with the St. Johns Ice Caps of the AHL, where he scored 15 goals and 22 assists in 66 games. In his six games with the Jets last season, he went scoreless.

I also picked up this autographed card of Wild rookie Carson McMillan from the same Dominion set. McMillan was a late-round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft (7th round, 200th overall), but managed to make it to the pro club for the 2011-12 season. He only played in four NHL games last year, but managed to be productive, scoring 1 goal and 1 assist.


There's also this Kris Letang Gold parallel from 2011-12 Dominion. As the top defenseman on the Penguins, I'm a big fan of his, plus it has the super-low, Ebay-1-of-1 serial numbering of 25/25, and for just a buck, how could I say no?


I know I'm mostly a hockey guy, but if I can get a good deal on a Houston Texans card, I'll pull the trigger, as I did for this DeVier Posey patch card from 2012 Topps Prime. It's also serial numbered to 25, and although it is a one-colored patch card, the patch at least has some stitching on it.


That's all from this group. They're all keepers for me, but I do have a number of cards available for trade, so be sure to check my Trade Bait links on the right side of the page and let me know what interests you.

No comments:

Post a Comment